The Common Management Admission Test is a national-level computer-based test conducted by the AICTE for admission to several autonomous and state MBA programmes. From 2016, the CMAT was held only once in the month of January .
Number of students taking the CMAT:
- CMAT 2012 was taken by approximately 70,000 students in its first year.
- CMAT 2013 (first test) was taken by 42,823 students.
- CMAT 2013 (second test) was taken by 1,17,437 students.
- An additional test was conducted in May, primarily for students who could not take the prior tests. A student who gave both the attempts could not take the May CMAT. This additional test was taken by 45,157 students.
- CMAT 2014 (first test) was taken by 83,662 students.
- CMAT 2014 (second test) was taken by 88,942 students.
- CMAT January 2016 was taken by 72,000 students.
- CMAT January 2017 was taken by 59,181 students.
As per primary and secondary sources
For Management 2 years programs (PGDM, MBA programs and similar): Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 Yrs duration Obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Examination. Final year students of Graduate Courses can also apply. Click here to check the eligibility of other programs accepting CMAT scores.
Test mode: Computer Based Test
Conducted: Once a year in the month of January.
Duration: 180 mins (3hrs)
Marking scheme: 4 marks each for every question, 1 mark negative marking for every wrong answer.
||Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
*Test structure and details as per the 2018 notification.
To know more about CMAT structure, important dates, past test analysis, top bschools cut-offs, please click here