Initially launched in April 2008, thanks to a gift from Reliance Industries Limited, the Stanford Dhirubhai Ambani Fellowship provides funding to promising Indian students for the costs of application and attendance for the Stanford MBA. Under this fellowship, Stanford offers complete financial support to up to 5 students every year. The details of the fellowship include:
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows will receive financial support for the cost of tuition and associated fees for each year of the two-year Stanford MBA Program (approximately $150,000 total).
- Within two years of completing their Stanford MBA studies, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows have to return to India for at least two years to work for an Indian organisation.
- Upon their return to India, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows are integral members of Stanford University, Stanford GSB, and Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows communities.
Application Dateline for the Stanford Dhirubhai Ambani Fellowship
|15 June 2016
(5 pm Pacific Time)
|Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program application submission deadline
|7 July 2016
||Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program finalists notified
|By 21 September 2016 (If applying in Round 1) or by 10 January 2017 (If applying in Round 2)
||Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program finalists prepare and submit Stanford MBA application
|December 2016 (Round 1) March 2017 (Round 2)
||Stanford releases admission decisions, including those for Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows
||Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows matriculate in Stanford MBA Program
Application material required for the Stanford Dhirubhai Ambani Fellowship
- Educational history and scores:
- (Optional) Class X and XII board exams, Joint Entrance Exam (JEE), and/or Common Admission Test (CAT). Candidates can also submit GMAT and/or GRE scores, if available. Finalists will have to submit an unofficial copy of the transcripts in the MBA application, and will submit official copies upon admission to the MBA Program.
- Awards and honors (academic or social)
- Employment history: Letters of recommendation are not considered at this stage. Finalists will have to submit two Letters of Recommendation in the MBA application.
- One-page resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- 250-word essay on ‘How do you aspire to shape India’s future’
- Essay guidelines: 12-point font, double-spaced.
- Recommended fonts are Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman.
- Individual financial information.
Candidates selected for the Stanford Dhirubhai Ambani Fellowship must showcase intellectual vitality, leadership potential, and personal qualities and contributions.