Find out recent and important international news from all over the globe, which is important for Bank, SSC and Government exams.
- PIETRO FITTIPALDI WON 2015-16 MRF CHALLENGE FORMULA 2000
Brazilian racing driver PietroFittipaldi on 31 January 2016 clinched the 2015-16 MRF Challenge Formula 2000 at Madras Motor Racing Track in Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu.
- FUKUOKA TO HOST 2021 WORLD AQUATICE CHAMPIONSHIP
International swimming federation (FINA) announced that the Japanese city of Fukuoka would host 2021 World Aquatic Meet. Qutari capital Doha will host the event in 2023.
- ANGELIQUE KERBER WINS 2016 AUSTRALIAN OPEN
Angelique Kerber of Germany won the 2016 Australian Open Women’s singles tennis title at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia on 30th January against Serena Williams.
- CHINA, IRAN SIGN 17 AGREEMENTS
China and Iran signed 17 documents and letters of intent to broaden bilateral cooperation on 23 January in Tehran during the Chinese president Xi Jinpings visit to Iran. These agreements cover various fields like energy, industrial capacity, finance, investment etc.
- IRAN, AIRBUS SIGN DEAL TO BUY 118 AIRBUS PLANES
Iran and Airbus signed two agreements covering new aircraft orders and a comprehensive civil aviation co-operation package. One agreement is for acquisition of full range of new airbus airlines and the other for modernization of civil aviation sector
- IMF IMPLEMENTS 2010 QUOTA AND GOVERNEMENT REFORMS
International Monitory Fund implemented the long pending 2010 quota and government reforms on 27 January.
– Brazil, China, India and Russia among 10 largest members
– Voting rights to India increased to 2.6% and that of China to 6%
– Permanent Capital resources doubled to 659 Bn.
- MCAA SIGNED FOR INTERNATIONAL TAX MATTERS
Multilateral Competent Authority Agreement was signed by 31 countries on 27 January to boost transparency in the functioning on MNEs. It will allow automatic exchange of country-to-country reports by tax administrators.
- UNICEF LAUNCHES $2.8 Bn HUMANITARIAN APPEAL
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) launched a 2.8 billion US dollar appeal to reach 43 million children in humanitarian emergencies worldwide on 26 January 2016. It included the 54.3 million US dollar appeal to help conflict-affected children in eastern Ukraine in 2016.
- POLYGAMY MADE MANDATORY IN ERITREA
Eritrea’s Department of Religious Affairs in the fourth week of January 2016 issued a law that makes it mandatory for men of the nation to marry at least two wives. Failing to adhere by the orders will lead to life imprisonment with hard labour.
- 27 JANUARY OBSERVED AS INTERNATIONAL DAY OF COMMEMORATION IN THE MEMORY OF VICTIMS OF HOLOCAUST
- COGNIZANT ACQUIRES KBACE TECHNOLOGIES
Cognizant Technology Solutions acquired the privately held US based KBACE Technologies Inc., a US Based global consulting and technology services company specializing in cloud strategy, implementing and integration.
- WORLD WETLANDS DAY OBSERVED
The World Wetlands Day was observed on 2 February 2016 across the globe to mark the adoption of the Convention on Wetlands in the city of Ramsar in Iran in 1971.
Theme: Wetlands for our future – sustainable livelihoods
- VIETNAM LIFTS BAN ON INDIAN GROUNDNUT
Vietnam had temporarily suspended import of groundnuts from India with effect from 6 April 2015 due to interceptions of quarantine pests in consignments of groundnuts exported since January 2015.
- FRENCH PRESIDENT FRANCOIS HOLLANDE CONCLDES 3 DAY VISIT TO INDIA
French President Francois Hollande visited India from 24 January to 26 January 2016. He was on a three-day visit to India as the Chief Guest at India’s 67th Republic Day celebrations.
– Chief guest on Republic day
– Inspected guard of honor during ceremonial reception
– Inaugurated International solar alliance (ISA)
– Signed 30 MOUs: 16 for India-France Business summit in Chandigarh; 14 in New Delhi