About St Xavier’s Entrance Test
St. Xavier’s college was founded by German Jesuits in 1869. St. Xavier’s college is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. The College runs BMM, BMS, B.Sc. (I.T.), M.Sc. Biotechnology and MA Public Policy, Degree Courses on a Self-financing basis. The University of Mumbai awards degrees for all these courses.
The College received the status of Autonomous College under the University of Mumbai from the academic year 2010-11. Academic Autonomy allows the college to design its own courses, framing its own syllabi and conduct its own evaluation for its students. This system of academic freedom mandated by the UGC is in force in many other Universities in the country for about 30 years. Academic Autonomy does not involve Financial Autonomy and the fee structure will be in accordance with that of the University of Mumbai, which awards the Degree to the students of St. Xavier’s college.
The College is a Catholic Minority College, and 50% of seats are reserved for Catholic Minority students. Admissions to the BMS and BMM courses are through an Entrance Exam and Interview. The college receives more than 4000 applications every year for 120 seats (BMM -60, BMS-60)
St Xavier’s ET 2021 Eligibility
Students from all three streams i.e. Arts, Commerce and Science are eligible to apply for the BMS course at St. Xavier’s college.
Eligibility Criteria for St. Xavier’s BMS ET 2021:
- The candidate should have passed the final Examination of the 10 + 2 system conducted by any recognized Central / State Board [List of recognised boards given in point No. 4]
- The candidate’s date of birth must fall on or after 1st June 1998. Only the following document will be accepted as proof of date of birth: School Leaving Certificate, Board / Pre-University Certificate / Birth Certificate issued by a Competent Authority.
- For Christian minority candidates, the Baptism Certificate is a mandatory document.
- The list of boards recognised by the college is as follows:
- Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Mumbai, Pune, or any other State Boards
- Central Board of Secondary Education, (C.B.S.E.) New Delhi
- Council for the Indian School Certification Examination and (I.S.C.) New Delhi
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of 5 subjects.
- Diploma in any Engineering branch with two or three- or four-year duration after passing the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examination conducted by the Board of Technical Education, Maharashtra State or equivalent examination.
St Xavier’s ET 2021 Pattern
Mode: Computer Base
Question Type: Objective (MCQs)
No. of Questions: 100
Duration: 120 Mins. [40 mins extra for PwD candidates].
Marking Scheme: No Negative Marking
Section Wise Split-up:
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs
English Language & Comprehension Skills
Logical & Visual Reasoning, Critical Analysis.
Category-wise Final Merit list will be computed as under:
- 60% weightage to the score obtained in the online test
- 40% weightage to the score obtained in the qualifying Class XII Examinations.
St. Xavier’s BMS ET 2021: Important dates
Important dates in St. Xavier’s BMM/BMS Entrance Test 2021 calendar are as follows:
|Event||Tentative Day / Date / Month|
|Registration start date||8th July 2021|
|Last date for Registration||5th August 2021 [till 6 pm]|
|St. Xavier’s BMM Entrance Test Date||10th – 20th of August 2021**|
|St. Xavier’s BMS Entrance Test Date||10th – 20th of August 2021**|
** The final date and batch will be communicated by email
Application Form: https://sxcauto.silvodel.in/AdmissionLogin
Application fee: Rs. 2500/- for each course
(A candidate can apply for both BA(MCJ) and BMS entrance exams. The application form will have to fill out separately for each course)
BMS Seats / Intake
|No.||Category||No. of Seats|
|Sub Category wise break up|