The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) recently announced its recruitment notification for 18,252 Non-Technical Grade departments, across India.
RRB Non Technical Result Tier – 1 (Preliminary Exam) was declared on December 7, 2016. From 92 lakh applications, 55 lakh candidates appeared for the exam from all over India. Shortlisted candidates will be called for RRB NTPC Tier – 2 (Mains) Exam 2017. RRB NTPC 2nd Stage (Mains) Exam will be conducted on 17th, 18th, & 19th January 2017 in three shifts (1st Shift 7:30 am, 2nd Shift 11 am, 3rd Shift 2:30 pm). The total time duration for the Stage 2 (Mains) Exam will be 90 minutes. Only those candidates who have qualified in Stage 1 (Prelims), are eligible for this exam.
- Conducting Board: Railway Recruitment Board
- Name of Posts: Non-Technical Posts
- Total Posts: 18,252 vacancies
- Job Type: Railway Government Jobs
- Job Place: Across India
- Tentative date of Stage 2 Admit Card release” January 10, 2017.
RRB NTPC Mains Exam Dates
||January 16, 2017
||January 17, 2017
||January 18, 2017
RRB NTPC Mains / 2nd Stage (CBT) Exam Pattern 2017:
||No. of Questions
|General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Exam type: RRB NTPC Mains Exam is an Objective type test. It consists of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Marking scheme: 1 mark for each correct answer. 1/3 negative mark for each wrong answer.
RRB NTPC Mains Syllabus
Questions will be asked from General Awareness + Studies, Mathematics and Reasoning.
- General awareness: Current events, important dates and events, social economics and political issues involving India and the whole world. Information on awards, science and sports, currency, states, capitals and much more will be available at the official link here.
- General science: Questions related to basic science from Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Questions will be based on 10th level.
- Reasoning and general intelligence: Verbal and non verbal, statement and conclusion, problem solving and analysis, relationship concepts, statement and conclusion, discrimination, judgement, similarities and difference, odd even series, alphabet and number series based questions, shape size and figure based question answers.
The detailed division has been provided below:
RRB NTPC Mains Syllabus for General Awareness
- Major financial/ economic news
- Budget and five-year plans, sports, abbreviations,
- Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Environment Science – inventions and discoveries
- Ancient history and medieval history
- Modern and world history
- Who’s who
- Indian economy – micro and macro
- Indian Ppolity
- Important days
- Current affairs
- Indian geography
- International and national organisations
- Awards and books
- Mixed questions
RRB NTPC 2nd Stage CBT Syllabus for Reasoning
- Number Series
- Alphabet Series
- Analogy and alphabets problem
- Grouping identical figures
- Test of direction sense
- Number ranking
- Age problem
- Mirror images / Images
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Non-verbal series
- Blood relationship
- Cubes and dice
- Verbal and image folding problem
- Embedded figures etc.
RRB NTPC Tier 2 Syllabus for Maths
- LCM & HCF
- Number system
- Percentage and its applications
- Decimal Fractions
- Time, distance & work
- Average and allegations
- Ratio & Proportions
- Unitary Method
- SI and CI
- Profit & Loss
- Advanced math( trigonometry, mensuration and geometry)
You can check your eligibility (RRB NTPC Stage – 1 result) here.
For more information, click here.