Let’s face it, MBA, a popular academic degree, is expensive. Most sought-after MBA institutes are in the US where tuition fees tend to increase with fierce competition.
Expenses should not dissuade you from attaining a world-class education! Keeping that in mind, here are 5 universities providing least expensive MBA courses in the U.S.
1. Terry College of Business
A constituent college of the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia, Terry ranks 38 in Best Business Schools. Its areas include strategy, FinTech, and social innovation.
- A minimum of two years of full-time work experience
- GMAT range 630–710; GMAT Average 672; GRE Average 312
- GPA average: 3.55
- Total tuition + Fees for 1 year: $34,666
2. Penn State Smeal College of Business
Smeal is based in the Penn State University Park campus, adjacent to the town of State College, Pennsylvania. It offers 1-year residential master’s, focusing on accounting, finance, business analytics, and real estate. It ranked 34 in the U.S. schools and 60 globally accordingly to Financial Times.
- Average undergrad GPA: 3.30
- Work experience: 5.3 years
- GMAT: 630–710
- Applicants from India who have completed a four-year bachelor’s degree or the master’s degree examinations following a three-year bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply.
- IELTS: Minimum required score: 7.0
- TOEFL: Minimum required scores: Internet-Based: 80; Speaking Section: 19 Costs
- One-year MBA tuition: $47,704
3. BYU Marriott School of Management
Located in Provo, Utah, BYU Marriott offers a 2–year MBA program focusing on four areas: globalization, integration, technology, and entrepreneurship. Ranked 41 in the U.S. and 82 worldwide by the Financial Times, 2022, BYU Marriott specializes in consulting and STEM.
- Two years minimum work experience (four years on average for positions requiring a degree). Progression is strongly preferred
- 5 GPA is the average for admitted students
- GMAT/GRE: 680 is the average for admitted students. (GMAT waivers are available for select candidates)
- A TOEFL English score is also required for most international students.
- Per year: $29,272 per year
- Total program: $58,544
4. University of Texas, Dallas
A public research university in Richardson, Texas. One of the largest public universities in Dallas. Ranked 151 among National Universities. It offers 200 electives, 15 concentrations, and 13 double degrees for students to choose the most suitable MBA program.
Eligibility per class profile
- Average test scores: GMAT 681; GRE 314
- Average GPA: 3.5
- Average work experience: 5 years
- Estimated Tuition & Fees (Nonresident): $64,939
5. University of Wisconsin–Madison
The university is situated partially on the isthmus between Lake Mendota and Lake Monona. It ranks 38 in the 2022–2023 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities. They provide an array of business courses in administration, finance, management, marketing, technology, real estate, risk management, and supply chain. Consider a 2-year MBA program
Eligibility criteria based on the class profile
- Five or more years of work experience (Two years of full-time professional work experience)
- A GPA of 3.3 or higher may qualify to waive the GMAT or GRE exam
- Average GMAT score: 646
- Yearly total: $77,900.16 (tuition + additional expenses)
This list is just a small picture of some leading yet affordable B-schools in the U.S. For further information, feel free to discuss your requirements with counsellors at IMS India. Finally, remember to factor in Financial Aid (Grants, Scholarships) to substantially reduce your expenses while pursuing MBA in one of the U.S. universities.
Head, Admission Consulting
Editor, Admission Consulting
Source: Image by kues1 on Freepik