CUET Political Science Syllabus 2024
Political Science is a demanding course that teaches students about government, state, and global politics. The program can be pursued at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and certification levels. It is a social science course designed to inform students how the government functions, both state and federal, and how that information can be utilized for the country’s good. In India, this course can be taken immediately following the completion of the 12th grade with a minimum of 50%.
The National Testing Agency has published the CUET Political Science Syllabus on its official website at cuet.samarth.ac.in. The candidates who wish to study BA political science in their graduation must select CUET Political science as a domain subject when completing the CUET application form.
CUET 2024 Political Science Syllabus
The CUET 2024 Political Science Syllabus comprises 19 units and is divided into two sections. There will be 10 units from politics in India since independence and the remaining 9 units from contemporary world politics.
CUET 2024 Political Science Syllabus: Topics and Sub-topics
1. Politics in India Since Independence
The Era of One-Party Dominance
Nation building and its problems
Politics of Planned Development
Indian External Relations
Challenges to and Restoration of the Congress System
Crisis of the Constitutional Order
Regional Aspirations and Conflicts
Rise of New Social Movements
Democratic Upsurge and Coalition Politics
Recent Issues and Challenges
2. Contemporary World Politics
Cold War Era in World Politics
Disintegration of the Second World War and the collapse of Bipolarity
US Dominance in World Politics
Alternative Centres of Economic and Political Powers
South Asia in the post-cold war era
International Organisations in a Unipolar World
Security in the Contemporary World
Environment and Natural Resources
Globalisation and its Economic Critics
CUET 2024 Political Science Syllabus Exam Pattern
|Number of questions
|Number of questions to be answered
|Duration of the political science exam
|Mode of the exam
|+5 marks for each correct answer
-1 for each incorrect answer
0 marks for no answered questions
Key information about the CUET Political Science Syllabus:
- Section 2 of the CUET 2024 will include questions from the political science domain for the candidates opting for political science during their registration.
- Every incorrect response will have a negative mark.
- The NCERT curriculum will be the only part of the political science curriculum for CUET starting with the 12th grade level as per the details released by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- There will be a question paper with 50 questions and students need to answer only 40 of these questions.
- Maximum score possible of 200 points.
- The exam will be 45 minutes long and will include objective multiple-choice questions.
The CUET Political Science Syllabus should be thoroughly reviewed by students for them to achieve success on the examination. In preparation for CUET 2024, students should develop preparation tips and strategies. With CUET becoming a standardized and centralized test, competition is expected to increase significantly. As a result, aspiring students need to adopt a disciplined and well-structured approach to be considered for admission to prestigious universities and colleges.
FAQs related to CUET Political Science Syllabus 2024
1. What are the key topics in the CUET 2024 Political science syllabus?
The two major topics in the CUET 2024 political science syllabus are Indian politics and contemporary world politics.
2. Where can I download the CUET Political Science Syllabus?
One can download the CUET 2024 Political Science syllabus from the official website.
3. How can I prepare for the political science at CUET?
It is important to familiarize yourself with the CUET Political Science syllabus to prepare for the CUET Political Science exam. You should also become familiar with the CUET examination pattern and prepare a well-structured study plan covering the entire political science syllabus. Once you have completed the syllabus, you should practice CUET-free mock tests to revise.
4. Which are the best books to refer to perform well in the CUET political science exam?
The highly recommended books for the CUET Political Science are:
- NTA CUET (UG) Political Science with 20 Solved Practice Papers by VK Global Publications Pvt Ltd.
- CUET Political Science by Team Drishti.
- Go-To Guide for CUET (UG) Political Science with 10 Practice Sets by Disha Experts
- NTA CUET (UG) 10 Mock Test Papers for Political Science by VK Global Publications Pvt Ltd.
5. What is the scope of political science in India?
According to the United Nations, India has the largest democracy in the world and many political parties are operating at the national or state level. There are also government services and various agencies that require personnel. Also, there are various job opportunities for people who have completed a course in political science or have earned a master’s degree. Political science offers a wide variety of career opportunities.