GMAT Exam Reschedule: How to Reschedule OR Cancel GMAT Exam?
The GMAT exam is your gateway to the world’s most prestigious management schools – all the way from the likes of Harvard and Wharton to McComb’s and Darden. It’s no wonder that lakhs of students take the GMAT every year. But imagine this scenario. Your GMAT is in a few days. But due to unavoidable circumstances, you won’t be able to appear. Or maybe you don’t feel prepared enough and need a few more days to feel entirely confident. What can you do in such a case? Fortunately for you, the GMAT has introduced the option of rescheduling and cancelling your GMAT for a refund. It’s a simple process with just seven steps. Here, we’ve documented a detailed answer to the questions – how to reschedule GMAT exam and cancel your GMAT exam?
How to reschedule GMAT exam?
If you’re ever in a position where you cannot take the GMAT on your scheduled date, you can follow the steps below to reschedule it for a small fee. GMAC, the exam-conducting body, has a policy of making the exam as accessible and comfortable as possible for its students. In fact, it allows students to reschedule as little as 24 hours before the exam.
- Log into your MBA.com account with your credentials.
- After logging in, go to the ‘My Account’ section and click the ‘Exam’ tab. You’ll be able to choose the GAT exam you want to modify. Once you click on it, you’ll be presented with two options – reschedule or cancel. Click on reschedule.
- Choose the new date and time you want to pick. You can also modify your test centre if you wish to. Just click on the ‘Change test centre’ option on the bottom-left.
- The following dialogue box will ask you to confirm the new test time and date. Once confirmed, click on the complete reschedule button to move ahead.
- Now, it’s time to confirm all your details, such as name, contact number, DoB, city, and citizenship. Click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Read through the detailed rescheduling policy of the GMAT exam properly. Tick the checkbox to proceed further.
- In the last step, just pay the mentioned rescheduling fees to confirm your seat. You’ll receive the online confirmation in your email soon after.
What are the GMAT rescheduling fees?
There are three phases during which you can reschedule your GMAT. You’ll have to pay different fees based on the phase you reschedule in.
- If you reschedule more than 60 days before the test date, you’ll have to pay $60.
- If you reschedule 15-60 days before the test date, you’ll have to pay $100.
- For less than 15 days before the test, you’ll be charged $150.
How to cancel GMAT exam?
While there are few reasons to cancel your GMAT exam outright, extenuating circumstances can arise. For such situations, when you no longer need to take the GMAT, you can cancel it and get a small refund. Here’s how:
- Log into your MBA.com account with your username and password.
- After logging in, go to the ‘My Account’ section and click the ‘Exam’ tab. You’ll be able to choose the GAT exam you want to modify. Once you click on it, you’ll be presented with two options – reschedule or cancel. Click on cancel.
- On the next page, confirm your cancellation, and your refund will be processed.
What is the refund policy of GMAT?
According to GMAT’s updated cancellation and refund policy, it deducts a cancellation fee from the amount you paid and refunds the rest to the original payment source.
- If you cancel your exam more than 60 days before the test date, GMAT will deduct $150 as a cancellation fee and refund $100.
- If you cancel your exam 15-60 days before the test date, GMAT will deduct $175 and refund $75.
- When you cancel your test just 15 days before the test date, you are entitled to a refund of only $50.
The GMAT is a critical exam for MBA aspirants. With the rescheduling option, you can easily change test dates for a small fee if needed. You can take the test when you are better prepared and get that elusive 700+ score. But if you want to guarantee a 700+ score in your GMAT, consider signing up for the IMS GMAT Test Preparation Program. The program includes hours of video content, live lectures, mentoring sessions, mocks, and official GMAT study material. In fact, our students see a jump of 80 points on average from their baseline GMAT score by the end of the program.