The CAT 2023 registration 2023 last date has been extended to September 20th, 2023, from the earlier date of September 13th, 2023. The CAT Convener and IIM Lucknow faculty, Prof. Sanjeet Singh, confirmed this newly revised registration date. According to him, the date was changed to give students more time to procure the necessary documentation for successful CAT registration.
Extending the last date for CAT registration is not a new phenomenon and happens almost every year. It comes as a sign of much-needed relief for aspirants who are eager to take the CAT 2023 exam but have yet to register. It is also a good sign for those who have registered but have not been able to pay the registration fees.
The extension also comes in the aftermath of the many natural disasters that have rocked the nation and disrupted normal operations. Students affected by floods, storms, landslides, and other natural disasters now have seven more days to finalise their registration for the CAT 2023 exam. But the exam conducting body has also clarified that they won’t extend the date further under any circumstances.
CAT 2023 registration last date: Important highlights
Apart from the extension of the CAT 2023 registration last date, all the other details are still the same.
|CAT Online Registration 2023 Revised Timeline
|CAT Registration Start date 2023
|August 2, 2023
|Last Date of CAT Registration 2023
|September 20, 2023 (Extended from Sept 13)
|The closing time of CAT 2023 Registration on the last date
|CAT Exam 2023 Registration Fees
|CAT exam 2023 Registration Fees for Reserved Candidates
|CAT 2023 Application Form Error Correction – Opening & Closing Dates
|To open three days after CAT 2023 registration last date and will remain open until 5:00 PM on the prescribed last date of the error correction window.
|Types of Application Errors You can Edit
|CAT 2023 Registration & Application Error Correction Fees
|No fees and the facility is free of cost.
CAT 2023 registration: How to register?
The steps to register for the CAT 2023 have remained unchanged. If you haven’t registered yet, then you can follow these easy steps to register.
- The first step is to visit the official IIM CAT website – iimcat.ac.in
- On the home page itself, you’ll find the registration button. Click on it.
- Fill in the basic details and click on submit to generate your credentials.
- Use those credentials to log back in and finish your application form.
- Ensure you fill out all the details accurately, especially information such as name and birthdate. You won’t be allowed to change them later.
- Fill in your academic as well as relevant work experience details.
- Upload all the required documents, such as your mark sheets from your 10+2, photograph, and signature.
- Select the IIMs and programmes you wish to apply for.
- Choose the test centre (city) according to your preference. You can choose up to 6 cities.
- Pay the application fees and wait for the confirmation.
- Take a printout of the confirmation for future reference.
The new CAT 2023 registration last date is a boon for all those aspirants who haven’t been able to complete their registration yet. But you should not wait for the last date to register. According to typical trends, there is usually a heavy influx of candidates looking to register in the last two days. This leads to technical issues, glitches, and server downtime. Many aspirants get stuck here and fail to register on time. That’s why it is essential to submit your registration and registration fees right now.