If you are planning to take the CUET 2024 Fine Arts exam, this article will provide an overview of the CUET Art Education Sculpture syllabus 2024 and exam pattern for Fine Arts subjects. You can go through this article to learn more about the CUET Fine Arts syllabus and important topics to prepare for.
CUET aspirants who wish to enrol in undergraduate Fine Arts courses must be well-prepared as the competition is relatively high. Therefore, to better prepare for the CUET Fine Arts exam, students should go through the entire CUET Fine Arts syllabus and cover all the topics.
Art Education Sculpture Syllabus of CUET
The candidates planning to appear for the Art Education and Sculpture exam can download the CUET Art Education Sculpture Syllabus from the official website at cuet.samath.ac.in. The important topics like The Rajasthani and Pahari Schools of Miniature Painting, The Bengal School and Cultural Nationalism, The Mughal and Deccan Schools of Miniature Painting, and the Modern Trends in Indian Art. In total, there will be 50 questions on the question paper, of which 40 must be answered.
Unit 1: The Rajasthani and Pahari Schools of Miniature Painting (16th Century A.D. to 19th Century A.D.)
Introduction to Indian Miniature Schools: Western-Indian, Pala, Rajasthani, Mughal, Central India, Deccan and Pahari.
Study of the following Rajasthani Paintings:
|A Folio from Ramayana paintings of Sahibdin
|One Court scene or Hunting scene or Festivalscene
|Mewar Jagat Singh II
|One Folio from Ragamala or Rasikapriya
|One painting of a Hunting Scene in a Forest Kotah with Kotah Maharaja
|Kotah with Kotah
|Radha (Bani-Thani) byNihal Chand
|Pabuji Ki Phad, Folk Scroll painting
|Raja Aniruddha Singh Hara
|Krishna on swing
|Radha (Bani- Thani)
|Bharat Meets Rama at Chitrakuta
(B) The Pahari Schools
- Origin and development of Basohli, Guler, and Kangra Schools in brief and main features of the Pahari Schools.
- Study of the following Pahari Paintings.
|One Folio of Ramayana Basohli (Sangri – Early Phase)
|One Folio ofGita Govinda of Jaideva by Manaku
|One Krishna Lila or Bhagavata Purana
|Kangra Folio by Nain Sukh
|One painting from Nayaka Nayika
|Guler or Kangra or Baramasa or Ragamala
|Krishna with Gopis
|Nand, Yashoda and Krishna with Kinsmen Going to Vrindavana
Unit 2: The Mughal and Deccani Schools of Miniature Painting (16th Century A.D. to 19th Century A.D.)
- The Mughal School
- Origin and development of the Mughal school in brief and main features of the Mughal School
Study of the following Mughal Paintings
|A Folio fromAkbar Namah
|Baber Crossing theriver Sone
|Krishna Lifting Mount Govardhana
|Birth of Salim
|Jahangir holding the picture
|Falcon on Bird-Rest
|Kabir and Raidas
|Ustad Faquirullah Khan
|Marriage procession of Haji Madni Provincial Dara Shikoh
- The Deccani School
- Origin and development of the Deccani school and Main features of the Deccan School.
- Study of the following Deccani Paintings:
Unit 3: Unit 3: The Bengal School and Cultural Nationalism
- New Era in Indian art- An Introduction
Study of the following paintings:
- Rama Vanquishing the pride of the ocean – Raja Ravi Varma
- Journey’s End- AbanidranathTagore
- Parthasarthi – Nandlal Bhonsle
- Ghalib’s Poetry Painting based on M.A.R. Chughtai
- Select a cubistic painting – Gaganendranath Tagore
- Mother and child- Jaimini Roy
- Female Face- Rabindranath Tagore
- Hill Women – Amrita Sher Gill
- Shiv and Sati – Nandlal Bose
- Rasa Lila – Kshitindranath Majumdar
- Radhika- M.A.R. Chughtai
- Meghdoot- Ram Gopal Vijaivargiya
- National flag and the Symbolic significance of its forms and the colours.
- Contribution of Indian artists in the struggle for National Freedom Movement
- Tiller of the Soil-Nandlal Bose.
Unit 4: The Modern Trends in Indian Arts Introduction
|Birth of Poetry
|Words and Images
|Rama Vanquishing the Pride of the Ocean
|Raja Ravi Varma
|Mother and Child
|Amrita Sher Gil
|Kamlesh Dutt Pande
Study of the following sculptures:
|(i) Triumph of Labour
|D. P. Roychowdhury
|(ii) Santhal Family
|(iii) Standing Woman
|(iv) Cries Unheard
|Amar Nath Sehgal
|(v) Ganesha Figure
|Aekka Yada Giri Rao
- Whirlpool – Krishna Reddy
Ii. Children – Sonmath Hore
Iii. Devi- Jyoti Bhatt
Iv. Of Walls- Anupam Sood
- Man, Woman and Tree – K. Laxma Goud
Exam Pattern for CUET 2024 Art Education Sculpture Syllabus
It is recommended that candidates who plan to register for the CUET exam review the CUET 2024 Art Education and Sculpture exam pattern:
CUET 2024 Examination Pattern for Section 1A
- In Section 1A of CUET 2024 language is tested.
- There are 13 different languages in Section 1A.
- Reading comprehension tests are conducted in the chosen language
- The language question paper consists of 50 questions
- 45 minutes are allotted for the language exam
- Candidates can choose any of these languages: Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi. Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odiya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
- There are 200 marks in Section IA of CUET 2024.
CUET 2024 Examination Pattern for Section 1B
1. Section 1B- of CUET 2024 consists of 20 special languages
2. They are Arabic, Bodo, Chinese, Dogri, French, German, Persian, Russian, Sindhi, Tibetan, Sanskrit, Spanish, Nepali, Manipuri, Maithli, Konkani, Kashmiri, Japanese and Italian.
3. Aspirants interested in specialising in any of the languages can select one language from the list.
4. Section 1B is tested through reading comprehension
5. The language question paper of Section 1B consists of 50 questions
6. 45 minutes are allotted for the exam.
7. Section 1B is conducted for 200 marks.
CUET 2024 Examination Pattern for Section III
1. Section 3 of CUET 2024 is conducted for any UG course or courses for which the General Test is used and conducted to admit the students.
2. Section III question paper consists of 75 questions
3. The duration of Section III of CUET 2024 is one hour (60 minutes)
4. The maximum marks of section III are 300 marks.
The candidates planning to appear for the CUET Art Education and Sculpture exam must go through the entire syllabus and make a proper study structure. They must select the best books to prepare for their exam. Besides, practising sample papers, mock tests, and previous year’s question papers are some of the key elements of the CUET preparation strategy. It will also increase the speed and accuracy of the candidates.
FAQs related to CUET Art Education Sculpture Syllabus 2024
What is the duration of the CUET Art Education Sculpture exam?
According to the CUET Art Education Sculpture exam, the domain-specific exam will last for 45 minutes. The candidates should go through the CUET Art Education Sculpture exam pattern and CUET 2024 Art Education Sculpture syllabus for every little detail.
How should one prepare for the CUET Art Education Sculpture exam?
To begin with, review the entire CUET 2024 Art Education Sculpture Syllabus. Next, revise your 12th grade NCERT Art Education Sculpture and complete practice sets and CUET Art Education Sculpture mock tests.
What are the main subjects covered in the CUET Art Education Sculpture Syllabus 2024?
The main subjects covered in the Art Education Sculpture Syllabus of CUET are The Pahari Schools, The Notion of the Rajasthani Schools, The Deccani Schools, The Mughal Schools, Tiller of the Soil-Nandlal Bose and other major CUET Art Education Sculpture topics are available in the CUET Art Education Sculpture Syllabus.
Is there any recent update on the Syllabus?
The official CUET 2024 Art Education Sculpture Syllabus has not been updated recently. CUET Preparation Tips for Art Education Syllabus, along with any modifications that are made shortly, will be shared by the National Testing Agency. Also, explore the essential CUET Preparation Tips for Art Education Syllabus.
Which books are the best for studying the Art Education Sculpture Syllabus of CUET?
Candidates should first review the CUET Art Education Sculpture Syllabus thoroughly and carefully. They should study from the NCERT books since MCQs will only appear in the CUET 2024 Art Education Sculpture exam.