The CMAT Eligibility 2024 criteria set forth by the National Testing Agency (NTA) are considered by all AICTE-approved business schools that offer MBA/PGDM programs based on CMAT scores. Candidates should check CMAT eligibility details before filling out the CMAT application form. The eligibility comprises the minimum and maximum age limit, nationality, educational qualifications, number of attempts, etc. Moreover, this test is designed for candidates who are interested in pursuing management courses.
CMAT is a speed-based entrance exam conducted in online mode at multiple exam centers. It also tests candidates on their quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning, data interpretation skills, logical reasoning, English language comprehension, verbal ability, general knowledge, and innovation and entrepreneurship.
CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2024- Highlights
Before filling out the form for CMAT 2024 exam, candidates should follow certain factors related to CMAT Eligibility 2024.
Below are a few details about the CMAT 2024 eligibility criteria that include minimum qualification, age and limit, etc.
1. Qualifying exam – The candidates should have done a minimum of three years of graduation in any stream.
2. Age limit- There is no age bar set by NTA to appear for CMAT 2023
3. Nationality- The candidates should have citizenship in India.
The CMAT does not have an age restriction. As long as the candidates meet the other criteria, they are free to apply as many times as they wish.
CMAT 2024 Basic Eligibility Criteria
The National Testing Agency (NTA), the CMAT 2024 exam conducting body has announced the CMAT Eligibility criteria and the eligibility criteria for MBA admission to management institutes.
NTA-CMAT eligibility criteria for 2024 are determined by the following key points prescribed by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
|CMAT 2024 Eligibility||Eligibility Requirement|
|Citizenship||Applicant must be a citizen of India|
|Minimum education||Graduate with 15 years of minimum education in any discipline from a Recognized University/Institute|
|Minimum Percentage of Marks in Graduation||50% marks for the general category
45% for the SC/ST/PWD category
|Eligibility for Candidates in Final Year of Graduation||The application process is also open to students whose final year results will be announced before the start of admission for the academic year 2023-24.|
|Age limit to apply for CMAT||No Age limit restriction|
Key points of CMAT Eligibility
1. Graduate students in their final year of graduate study (10+2+3) whose results will be declared before the start of the admission process for the academic year 2023-24 may apply for the CMAT online exam.
2. Candidates who seek a bachelor’s degree or equivalent should have completed at least three years of education after completing their higher secondary schooling (10+2).
3. The equivalence will be determined based on the equivalence certified by the institute/university where the bachelor’s degree was obtained, rather than grades or CGPA.
4. In the absence of any scheme for converting CGPAs to equivalent marks at the institution/university, the institute will determine the equivalence of the candidate by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result by 100.
5. Those who are in the final year of their bachelor’s degree/equivalence qualification examination or those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. Candidates should present a certificate from the principal/head of the department/registrar/director of the institution/university when seeking admission to MBA/PGDM programs stating that the candidate is currently in the final year or is awaiting final results and has obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent (45% in case of SC/ST/PWD candidates).
6. Those students in their final year of bachelor’s degree studies who are provisionally considered eligible by the MBA/PGDM institute and offered admission are required to submit their final year bachelor’s degree examination marks and degree certificates by the date stipulated by the college or institute.
Course-wise CMAT 2024 Eligibility criteria
- For Executive PGDM- The candidates should have completed their graduation degree in any discipline along with five years of minimum experience.
- For PGCM- Graduate in any discipline
- For MBA and PGDM – The candidates should have completed their Bachelor’s in any discipline.
Who is ineligible for CMAT 2024?
1. A candidate who has not completed or is pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or a professional degree, such as a CA, CS, or ICWA, is not eligible to take the CMAT 2024.
2. Your eligibility is determined by whether you achieved an average of less than 50% in your graduation examination as a general category candidate and less than 45% as an SC/ST/PWD candidate.
3. If the candidate’s graduation is not recognized by UGC/AICTE/MHRD- Government of India, then you are not eligible to apply for CMAT 2024.
Educational Qualification for taking the CMAT exam
Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree in any field. Students appearing for the final year of their Bachelor’s degree whose results will be announced before the start of admissions for the academic year 2023-24 may also apply.
Through CMAT, NTA shortlists candidates for management institutes across the country. However, the candidates who wish to apply for these courses must be Indian citizens. In addition, the authority accepts applications from Indian citizens as long as they meet the eligibility criteria.
Number of Attempts
There has been no announcement regarding the number of attempts allowed for the CMAT recruitment process by the NTA. As there are no age restrictions, candidates are free to apply as many times as they feel they are capable of meeting the other criteria.
The CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 indicates that candidates with no prior experience are eligible to apply for CMAT.
CMAT Eligibility: Marks Calculation
The CMAT 2024 Eligibility criteria for the general and reserved category candidates define different percentages of marks in the qualifying graduation degree. However, there is no age bar for either category of candidates to apply for the NTA CMAT 2024 exam.
Minimum Percentage of Marks in Graduation – 50% marks for the general category and 45% for the SC/ST/PWD category
No minimum aggregate marks are needed for filling out the CMAT application form.
Reservation Policy for Government Institutes in CMAT 2024
The candidates should be aware of the reservation policy. Below is the CMAT 2024 reservation policy for the central government-run management institutes.
FAQs for CMAT Eligibility CRITERIA 2024
1. Who can apply for CMAT?
Candidates for the CMAT test must have completed their graduation with a duration of at least three years according to the basic CMAT eligibility criteria.
2. What is the maximum age limit for taking the CMAT exam?
CMAT does not have an age limit. Moreover, as long as the other requirements are met, candidates of any age may apply for the CMAT.
3. Are there any eligibility criteria for CMAT based on the number of attempts?
There is no connection between the number of attempts and the CMAT eligibility criteria. However, as long as the candidate meets the eligibility requirements for the CMAT 2024, he or she may take as many attempts as he or she desires.
4. Does the CMAT eligibility change every year?
No, the CMAT eligibility does not change each year. The governing body may, however, make the changes as it deems appropriate.
5. If I do not meet the eligibility criteria for the CMAT post, what should I do?
Candidates may check whether they will be eligible for CMAT by any means in the future or if they belong to one of the reserved categories and have some relaxations in the eligibility requirements.
6. Is CMAT a prerequisite for an MBA program?
The CMAT is one of many MBA entrance examinations offered by reputed business schools to provide admission to MBA programs. Apart from this, the candidates may take the MBA exam in addition to other entrance exams such as the CAT, XAT, etc.
7. Who decides the CMAT Eligibility 2024?
The National Testing Agency (NTA) is the conducting body of the CMAT exam that decides the complete examination process and the CMAT Eligibility 2024.
8. This is my final year as a student and I am eligible to apply for CMAT 2024.
Those candidates who are in the final year of graduation are eligible to apply for CMAT 2024.
9. Which disciplines are approved for CMAT eligibility in 2024?
The CMAT exam is open to candidates from any discipline. In order to qualify for the CMAT eligibility in 2024, candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree in any field
10. What is NTA CMAT Eligibility?
According to the NTA CMAT Eligibility, every Indian candidate who has completed graduation with 50% marks in aggregate (45% for reserved category) can apply for this exam. Candidates in their final year may also take the CMAT 2023. In any case, they must submit their final results within the time period stipulated by the institutes to which they have applied.
CMAT or Common Management Admission Test is an online computer-based test conducted by the National Testing Agency. The CMAT Eligibility allows candidates to appear for the CMAT 2024 exam for admission to PGCM, MBA, PGDM, and Executive PGDM programs offered by 1000+ AICTE-approved CMAT score-accepting colleges. Using this CMAT eligibility guide, students will be able to determine whether they are eligible to take the CMAT exam. If you would like to prepare well for the CMAT exam and get good marks then you should register for our programs such as CMAT -CET Xclusive Live 2024, NMAT-SNAP -CMAT Self Learning Program 2024, NMAT-SNAP-CMAT- CET Comprehensive Live 2024, etc.