Every student’s educational journey is incomplete without the CUET examination. CUET Eligibility Criteria 2024 consists of two categories: common CUET eligibility criteria and program-specific eligibility criteria for CUET. The NTA will publish the CUET 2024 eligibility criteria and official notification for CUET 2024 on their website. The undergraduate and graduate programs require applicants to meet the minimum requirements set by CUET 2024.
CUET, or Common University Entrance Test, is an entrance examination for undergraduate study at Central Universities, State Universities, Deemed Universities, and other CUET-participating institutions. The National Testing Agency, an Indian government agency responsible for conducting entrance examinations for higher educational institutions, will deliver the CUET exam in the CBT mode.
CUET Exam Eligibility Criteria 2024: Overview
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be eligible to take the Common University Entrance Test:
CUET 2024: Eligibility for undergraduate program:
Below are the eligibility criteria for the undergraduate program:
- Candidates should score a minimum of 50% in their +2 examination in the general category and 45% in the SC/ST category.
- The candidates should choose subjects for +2 based on the course they intend to pursue.
- The candidates should be of Indian nationality.
- It is recommended that candidates apply to three participating universities with three options of programs selected under CUET.
- Candidates may apply for the CUET while attempting the university’s qualifying examination. The passing certificate, however, must be produced at the time of counseling.
CUET PG Exam Eligibility 2024
The aspirants/ candidates who are preparing for the upcoming CUET-PG examination should browse through the eligibility requirements before filling out the online application form. Below is the information on the eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have passed the Bachelor’s degree or equivalent to be eligible for CUET (PG).
- For candidates who wish to apply for the CUET-PG, there is no age limit. The aspirant must, however, meet the age requirements of the university to which they wish to apply.
- Seats are allocated based on the guidelines outlined in the CUET (PG)- Information bulletin. In any case, the reservation policy of the university to which a candidate applies must be followed. However, the candidates seeking information about the reservation policy should consult the NTA’s information bulletin and visit the university’s website.
The candidates can also visit the official website cuet.nta.nic.in to know more about the CUET-PG exam reservation policy, scheme of examination, exam fee and syllabus, etc.
Key pointers of CUET Eligibility criteria:
- Participating universities determine their own eligibility criteria for CUET.
- CUET scores and Class XII board exam scores are likely to be the sole criteria for admission.
- There is no mention of an age limit in the eligibility criteria. The NTA will, however, provide maximum and minimum age limits for the programs once eligibility requirements are released by the agency.
CUET Age Limit:
Candidates for CUET 2024 must meet the educational requirements. However, the aspirants should be aware of the age requirements (if any) of the university they wish to attend.
CUET Educational Qualification 2024
- The aspirants should have completed class 12 from a recognized university or board or hold a 10+3 diploma approved by the State Board of Technical Education.
- Candidates should have studied a variety of subjects in their 10+2 classes in the course they intend to pursue.
- Those aspirants appearing for the qualifying examination (HSC) in 2024 are also eligible to apply for the Common Universities Entrance test.
Qualifying marks for undergraduate courses
- The candidate must have obtained at least a qualifying aggregate score in high school or in class 12 or an equivalent examination to qualify for the Common University Entrance Test 2024.
- Each participating university has its own minimum qualifying marks.
- When you wish to apply for a specific course at a particular university, it is advisable that you visit the official website of that institution.
CUET 2024- Number of attempts
There is no limit to the number of times one can attempt the CUET in contrast to other entrance exams. As long as one meets the CUET eligibility criteria for age, minimum marks, and educational background, one can attempt this exam.
CUET 2024 Nationality
There are a few requirements that the aspirants must meet to be eligible for the CUET 2024 exam:
1. The candidate should be an Indian citizen.
2. A constituent subject of Nepal, Bhutan.
3. A Tibetan refugee who landed in India prior to January 1st, 1962 with the intent of settling permanently in India.
4. Burmese, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans, Ugandans, Tanzanians, Malawians, Zaireans, Ethiopians, and people from Vietnam who permanently moved to India.
CUET Eligibility Criteria: Reservation
There is a certain percentage of seats reserved for Indian nationals in specified reserved categories, as prescribed by the Indian government. In the case of central universities, reservation policies are governed by the institution’s rules. The Indian government has recently updated its guidelines, requiring that the required category certificate be issued after January 1, 2024, to claim the benefit of reservation.
The below table shows the CUET category-wise reservation:
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy)
|Persons with Disability
To claim the benefit of the reservation, upload the required category certificate issued on or after 01 January 2024 under the latest guidelines of the Government of India.
Check the table below for the CUET category-wise reservation:
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy)
|Persons with Disability
Note 1: Applicants seeking reservation under the PWD category must hold a physical disability certificate (Unique Disability Identification (UDID) certificate) issued by a notified medical authority.
Note 2: The candidate seeking reservation under the PwBD must have a disability certificate indicating that the disability is ‘severe’ under the Dyslexia category.
Note 3: There are some universities that provide reservations for economically disadvantaged students. Meanwhile, the number of seats in this category may amount to 10% of the total.
FAQs for CUET Exam Eligibility:
- How does the CUET exam work?
Computer-based test (CBT) mode will be used for the CUET as per the schedule to be announced.
- When will the registration for CUET 2024 start?
The CUET 2024 registration will start in February 2024.
- What are the eligibility criteria for the CUET exam 2024?
Candidates who have passed Class 12th or an equivalent examination appearing in 2024 are eligible to apply for CUET. However, CUET 2024 is not age-restricted.
- What is the minimum eligibility condition not satisfied in CUET?
Candidates in the general category must have a minimum of 50% in their high school diploma in order to qualify for CUET. The candidates in the SC/ST category should have a 45% in Class 12. Candidates for PG courses should hold a valid three-year graduation degree from a recognized university with a minimum grade point average of 50% or 45% in the case of ST/SC candidates.
- What is CUET and what is its importance?
CUET is used for undergraduate admissions at state, central, and other participating universities. It is a standardized test that is required for admission to many universities’ undergraduate and graduate programs. CUET is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- How many marks are required to qualify for CUET?
Candidates should score between 300 and 400 points on the CUET. Besides, the CUET section 1 language passing marks will be between 80 and 90 for each of the two sections.
- What is the good rank in CUET?
According to the previous year’s analysis, CUET cut-off scores above 700 are considered excellent. Students who receive marks above 600 may be eligible for admission to top colleges such as JNU, DU, and BHU, etc. As for the CUET, a score between 300 and 400 is considered to be an average result.
- How is the CUET examination conducted?
The tests will be offered in 13 languages comprising English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
- What is the age limit to apply for CUET?
There is no age limit for the applicants of CUET.
- What educational qualification is required to apply for CUET 2023?
Candidates should either have passed the class 12th examination or be scheduled to take the exam in 2023. However, the aspirants should review the eligibility criteria for CUET.
National Testing Agency conducts the Common University Entrance Test (CUET) to offer admission to UG and PG programs with various specializations. The number of universities participating in CUET is likely to increase in the coming years. Meanwhile, for aspiring candidates to be successful in their application, it is crucial that they are familiar with the CUET eligibility criteria. We offer CUET courses such as CUET Classroom 2024, CUET Language Test + General Test Online 2024, CUET Science: Self-Learning Program 2024, etc. to help you prepare for exams such as CUET.