The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra will announce the MAH CET MBA 2024 eligibility criteria on their official website, cetcell.mahacet.org. However, the MAH CET MBA Recruitment 2024 applicants must meet all eligibility requirements to be considered for recruitment. Meanwhile, the candidates will be able to get into over 300 top colleges in Maharashtra by taking this test. Besides, the candidates must first check MAH CET MBA Eligibility 2024 before applying for MAH CET MBA 2023.
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test or MAH CET is a management entrance test and is officially known as MAH MBA/MMS-CET. However, several institutes in Maharashtra offer MBA programs through the State Common Entrance Test Cell. Besides, as per the Act, all the university departments of management education all government-run management education institutes, and all unaided management education institutes must comply.
MAH CET MBA exam will be followed by the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) or, Counselling in which candidates will be allotted seats in MAH CET participating colleges based on their scores.
MBA CET Eligibility Criteria 2024
Candidates seeking admission to the MBA programs offered by MAH-CET participating institutes must meet all eligibility requirements to qualify. Moreover, this test will allow the candidates to get admission to MBA courses in more than 300 top colleges in Maharashtra.
MAHA CET Eligibility Criteria for MBA
The basic requirements for MBA CET Eligibility are:
1. The candidates should complete their Bachelor’s degree in any stream with at least 50% (45% for reserved category) in aggregate from any UGC/AIU (Association of Indian Universities) recognized university.
2. The final-year students may also apply provisionally for the MBA CET exam. However, they must submit proof of their education during the MBA CET counseling process.
3. MBA CET Eligibility criteria require candidates to be Indian nationals. Furthermore, the MAH CET exam also requires a minimum age of 21 years and does not specify an upper age limit.
4. The candidates who intend to apply as NRIs/Foreign Nationals/Foreign Students/Persons of Indian Origin/Children of Indian workers in their Gulf countries must meet the basic education requirements for the MAH CET MBA 2023
5. If you have any score from CAT, XAT. MAT. CMAT. ATMA and GMAT, then you are eligible to apply for All India seats
6. DTE holds the counseling process using the CAP method.
The candidature types in MAH MBA CET include:
1. Open Category ( General Category Maharashtra State Candidates, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), & J&K Migrant candidates.
2. All India Candidature
3. Minority Candidature (SC, ST, VJ/DTNT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC, EWS, PwD).
MAH-CET MBA Eligibility Criteria 2024 All India Candidature
The MAH-MBA CET Eligibility 2024 for candidates claiming the All India Candidature MAH MBA/MMS CET 2024 is as follows:
1. Indian nationality is required.
2. The candidate should have passed a minimum three-year bachelor’s degree awarded by a UGC or AIU-recognised university.
3. The candidate must have atleast 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in the qualifying degree course.
4. The AI category candidates should not appear for MAH/MBA/MMS CET if they already have a valid CAT or CMAT score.
MAH-CET MBA Eligibility Criteria 2024 for minority candidature
1. The candidates with Maharashtra State Domicile belonging to particular religious or linguistic communities from within the state are eligible for admission under the minority candidature in MAH-CET MBA 2023.
2. The candidates belonging to ST, SC, DT/VJ/NT/1/2/3, and OBC/ will be considered as a minority and will gain benefits.
3. The candidates will also have to submit proof like caste certificate, and validity of the caste certificate while filling out the application form.
4. The persons with disabilities from Maharashtra will only be considered as minorities. However, if the candidate is not from Maharashtra, he/she will have to apply as an open category.
As per the official update, the MBA CET has no specific age limit. Besides, there is no upper age limit for taking this exam. Additionally, to qualify for the MBA CET, candidates must have completed a bachelor’s degree in any field.
The candidates must be Indian nationals to clear the MBA CET Eligibility criteria.
The minimum educational requirement for applying for the CET MBA exam is graduation as prescribed by the state CET, Maharashtra. Also, the candidates should complete three years of graduation in any stream to apply for MBA CET 2024.
The following are details regarding MBA CET eligibility requirements related to the candidate’s basic educational qualifications:
1. Candidates must have completed a three-year bachelor’s degree course in any discipline with at least 50% aggregate marks. Besides, they should have completed an equivalent degree course from a university recognized by the UGC or AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
2. Candidates from reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC) must score a minimum of 45% marks in their bachelor’s degree.
3. The MAH CET MBA 2024 Exam is also open to final-year students studying in a UGC/AIU-recognized university in India.
MBA CET provides special consideration for candidates belonging to backward classes for admission to MBA CET MBA 2024. However, this program is only open to Maharashtra-based candidates.
As part of the registration process, candidates need only submit the following documents.
1. Caste Certificate issued by the Executive Magistrate/ Metropolitan Magistrate in Maharashtra.
2. Certificate of Caste Validity issued by the Social Welfare Department’s Scrutiny Committee.
3. Tribal Validity Certificate issued by the Scrutiny Committee of the Tribal Department, and or
4. Non-Creamy Layer Certificate issued by the Deputy Collector/ Sub-Divisional Officer of the district as applicable.
Candidates belonging to the following categories will be eligible for MBA CET Reservation 2024:
1. Those tribes who live outside the specified areas as well as those who are scheduled.
2. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Castes adopted Buddhism
3. Vimukta Jati & Denotified Tribes (VJ/DT) or NT (A)
4. Other Backward Classes (OBC) and special backward classes (SBC)
5. Nomadic Tribes – 1 (NT-B), 2 (NT-C) and 3 (NT-D)
6. Physically disabled candidates are divided into three categories. Those are PH-1 (Visually impaired blind candidates – P1, PH2 (Dumb and deaf candidates – P2, PH-3 (Candidates with orthopedic disorders and learning disabilities, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, spastic- P3).
MAH-CET MBA CET 2024 Supernumerary Seat Reservation
There are a number of supernumerary seats available in the MAH MBA/MMS CET 2024 for various categories of candidates, but they are subject to certain restrictions and requirements.
However, the following is a list of supernumerary seats reserved for MAH MBA/MMS CET 2024.
|OCI/ PIO/Foreign Students||10%|
|J&K and Ladakh Migrants||As per Govt policy|
MAH/MBA/MMS CET 2024 supernumerary seats are subject to the following conditions:
1. If the seats reserved for the CIWGC category remain vacant, then they shall be filled by OCI/PIO/ Foreign Students and vice versa. Meanwhile, if the seats in the above categories remain vacant, they can be filled by NRI candidates.
2. TFWS seats will be available, only if 30 percent of the sanctioned seats are filled by the institute.
MAH MBA CET 2024 NRI Quota Seats
The institute can make up to 5% of the 20 seats reserved for NRIs under the institutional quota available. However, All India candidates may be considered for any of these seats that remain vacant.
MAH CET MBA Exam Eligibility 2024: FAQs
Q1. What are the minimum marks required in graduation to be eligible for MAH CET MBA?
It is necessary to score at least 50% in your graduation to qualify for the MAH CET MBA examination.
Q2. Is MAH CET a requirement for an MBA?
If you are interested in studying MBA at any of the colleges in Maharashtra, MAH CET is required. However, Several colleges in Maharashtra accept MAH CET MBA exam scores and offer MBA and PGDM programs. Additionally, if you wish to attend IIM or XLRI Jamshedpur, you cannot take the MAH CET.
Q3. MAH-CET MBA – What type of exam is it?
The MAH-CET MBA is a computer-based examination in which 200 questions will be asked of candidates.
Q4. Which category of candidates is required to have minimum qualifying marks of 45% in their graduation?
Candidates from back-classes, EWS, and PWD categories in Maharashtra who have obtained at least 45% marks in their graduation will be eligible for the exam.
Q5. What is the minimum age qualification to apply for the MAH-CET MBA exam?
Candidates should be Indian nationals to apply for the MAH-CET MBA exam. Besides, the MAH CET MBA exam authorities have not set a specific age limit for applicants. However, the minimum age requirement for MAH CET MBA is 21 years of age.
Q6. How many times can aspirants appear for MAH-CET MBA 2024?
There is no set limit on the number of attempts for the MAH CET exam as stipulated by the State Common Entrance Test Cell (Maharashtra). However, the candidates who failed the MAH CET exam for the current academic year and wish to reappear next year may apply for the entrance examination.
Q7. Is it necessary for the candidate to appear for the MAH CET MBA 2024 if he or she has a valid CAT score?
Candidates who have a valid CAT score are not required to appear for MAH CET MBA 2024. Meanwhile, the DTE Maharashtra conducts the final allotment process only through the GDPI round.
Q8. Is 100 marks a good score for MBA CET?
The score of 110-113 will convert into the 95 percentile in MAH MBA CET 2023. However, if the candidate wishes to achieve the 95 percentile, he or she should aim to achieve a minimum score of 113 on the exam.
Q9. Is the MBA CET easy to crack?
It is not difficult to crack the MAH MBA CET 2024 with 30 days of preparation. Besides, the syllabus is similar to similar MBA entrance exams like CMAT, CAT, MAT, ATMA, etc. However, it will be easier for candidates to prepare for the MAH MBA CET if they have already taken the mentioned entrance exams.
Q10. How many hours does one need to study for MBA CET?
When aiming to get ready for the MAH-CET-MBA exam, dedicating a solid six-month period and devoting one’s full attention to the preparation should suffice. However, the preparation for the exam begins with a regular study schedule of 7-8 hours. Also, the 7-8 hours should be utilized for engaging in activities that are centered around specific themes.
The MAH-MBA-CET is a state-level entrance exam for admission to MBA/ MMS programs affiliated with Maharashtra state universities. Furthermore, it is a gateway to colleges like JBIMS, SIMSREE, KJ Somaiya, NL Dalmiya, DY Patil, and more. The State Common Entrance Test Cell (Maharashtra) has set The MAH CET Eligibility criteria for 2024. Besides, factors like age criteria, academic qualification, and domicile rules are essential that help in deciding the eligibility of candidates for the MAH MBA CET exam. Additionally, you too can prepare for the MAH-CET-MBA exam and get a high score by enrolling in our courses like CET-CMAT Xclusive Live 2024, NMAT-SNAP-CET Self-Learning Program 2024, and NMAT-SNAP-CET-CMAT Comprehensive Live 2024.