MAH MBA CET 2024
The Maharashtra MBA Common Entrance Test (MAH MBA CET) is a state-level entrance exam for admission to MBA/MMS programs offered by over 300 colleges and institutes in Maharashtra. The exam is conducted by the Maharashtra State CET Cell annually in March-April. The official circular for the same will be published on the website in February. But to do well on the MAH MBA CET 2024 exam, candidates must start preparing now. Although the eligibility test is only valid for institutions in Maharashtra, students from all over the country can apply for it.
MAH MBA CET 2024 Highlights
The test will be held in more than 60 centres across the state and a few major cities outside the state. Here are the most important details of the exam:
|Exam Particulars||Exam Details|
|Exam Name||MAH MBA/MMS-CET or MAH-CET|
|Conducting Body||State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra|
|Exam Level||Postgraduate exam at the state level|
|Mode of Exam||Computed Based Test (CBT)|
|Total Registrations||About 1 lakh|
|Courses offered through Entrance Exam||MBA/MMS/PGDM|
|Exam Fees||INR 1,000 (General category)
INR 800 (Reserved category)
|Exam Duration||2.5 hours|
|Marking Scheme||One mark for each correct entry
Zero marks for each incorrect/skipped entry
|Language/Medium of Exam||English|
|Colleges Accepting Exam Score||JBIMS, SIMSREE, PUMBA, Prin. LN Welinkar, Balaji Institute of Modern Management, ITM Business School, etc.|
|No. of Test Cities||48|
|Contact Details||State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra State, Mumbai
8th Floor, New Excelsior Building, A.K.Nayak Marg, Fort, Mumbai-400001
Helpline Number (10:00 AM to 06:00 PM)
MAH MBA CET 2024 Exam Dates
The official MAH MBA CET 2024 exam dates will be released by the CET Cell only in February 2024. But we’ve compiled the tentative date list for you to track.
|MAH CET 2024 Events||MBA CET Exam Date 2024|
|MAH MBA CET 2024 registrations||Third week of February to the third week of March 2024|
|Form correction||Third week of March 2024|
|Admit card download starts||Last week of March 2024|
|MAH MBA CET 2023 exam||Last week of March 2024|
|MAH CET 2023 result declaration||Last week of April 2024|
MAH MBA CET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The MAH MBA CET has a few basic eligibility guidelines that all aspirants must follow.
- You must have a valid bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution.
- You need a minimum aggregate score of 50% in your undergraduate.
- The minimum score requirement for reserved category candidates is 45%.
- Final Year students yet to appear for their final exams can also apply. They’ll have to furnish proof of their degree and scores when they seek admission.
- Candidates that appeared for other management exams such as CAT, XAT, MAT, NMAT, GMAT, CMAT, and ATMA are also eligible to appear for MAH MBA CET 2024 counselling.
MAH MBA CET Application Form 2024
To make it easier to apply for MAH MBA CET 2024, the CET Cell has mandated that the form can only be filled out online on their official website after the official notification is made live.
Follow these simple steps to do so:
- Go to the official website and click on the New Registration button.
- Read the instructions carefully and choose to proceed.
- Enter your personal information, create a password, and click on save to generate your application number.
- Log back into the portal with the application number and the password.
- Fill out the remaining information, domicile, and category.
- Upload the documents required to authenticate your application.
- Upload the photo and signature, your test city preference, and pay the registration fee.
- Wait for payment confirmation and exit the application.
MAH MBA CET 2024 Registration Fee
The MAH MBA CET 2024 registration fee is Rs. 1000 for general category students and Rs. 800 for reserved category students.
MAH MBA CET 2024 Admit Card
The admit card will be made available on the official website itself. You can access it by logging in with your credentials and downloading it. Don’t forget to get two printouts of the ticket for emergencies.
MAH MBA CET Exam Pattern 2024
The MAH MBA CET 2024 exam has four sections – Logical reasoning, Abstract reasoning, Quantitative aptitude, Verbal ability and reading comprehension. Students will have to attempt a total of 200 questions in 150 minutes. The paper pattern and weightage are described below:
|MAH MBA CET Syllabus and Pattern||Details|
|Number of sections, questions and marks||Logical Reasoning||75 questions||75 marks|
|Abstract Reasoning||25 questions||25 marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50 questions||50 marks|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||50 questions||50 marks|
MAH MBA CET Syllabus 2024
The four sections of the MAH MBA CET 2024 exam cover several important topics that you should practise properly. While the logical and abstract reasoning sections are designed to test your analytical and deductive skills, the quantitative reasoning section is to see if you can apply basic mathematical concepts to resolve questions. This section also covers data interpretation. The last section, verbal ability, is focused on assessing how well you can communicate with the correct grammar and lexicon. It also encompasses reading comprehension.
Here are the most important topics to cover:
Logical and abstract reasoning
|Linear and Circular Arrangement||Venn Diagram|
|Symbol-based Comparison||Series Completion|
|Sequential Output||Selection Criteria|
|Blood Relations||Conditional Coding|
|Probability||Ratio & Proportion|
|Trigonometry||Data Interpretation – Graphs, Charts, Tables|
Verbal reasoning and reading comprehension
|Reading Comprehension||Antonyms & Synonyms|
|Spelling/Inappropriate usage||Error Correction|
|Fill in the Blanks||Sentence Completion and Word Arrangement|
|Vocabulary||One word substitution|
MAH MBA CET 2024 Preparation Tips
Students ideally need to target at least 95% to get admission into the top MBA colleges in Maharashtra. But scoring 95% takes work. You need dedicated preparation backed by a strategic approach that covers all the key topics. You also need to work on time management since you’re expected to answer 200 questions in just 150 minutes. With no negative marking, learning how to guess better can also go a long way in getting your score up.
Here are some tips that can help you kickstart your MAH MBA CET prep
- The importance of mock tests cannot be understated. The more you give, the better you’ll be able to perform in the actual test.
- Analyse each mock after you’re done with it. Find out areas of improvement, work on them, and take them ahead from there. This practice will also help you document your overall progress.
- Most students who give the MAH MBA CET exam also opt for CAT. Given that the exam is four months after CAT, aspirants should continue their practice. This will keep them in touch with the main concepts.
- Create an intelligent elimination strategy to improve your guesswork. With no negative marking, the MAH MBA CET exam gives you the perfect opportunity to attempt questions for which you might not have the correct answer.
- Only spend up to two minutes on any question. If it is hard, flag it, and move on. If you have spare time at the end, you can come back to attempt the flagged questions.
- Try and manage your time in a way that spares 5 minutes at the end for a quick review of the questions you skipped.
- Some students do better with concerted guidance under experienced mentors. If you are one of them, consider joining a coaching program such as the IMS NMAT-SNAP-CET-CMAT Comprehensive Live 2024 program. It has more than 65 live online sessions, 80+ hours of conceptual videos, 20 ADMAT classes, and 40+ full-length mock tests.
MAH MBA CET 2024 Exam Centre
Candidates can choose from centres across 50 cities in the state and the country. With 36 centres in Maharashtra, the CET Cell has ensured that accessibility doesn’t become an issue.
|30||Mumbai Sub Urban|
|Outside Maharashtra State|
Students can choose up to four centres from the list. But you must be careful while you pick the locations – you won’t be able to change them once your registration is complete.
Best Books for MAH MBA CET 2024 Preparation
The study material you access will play a defining role in your overall prep. Even with a coaching program, you must invest in the right MAH MBA CET books to hone your skills with sufficient self-practice. These are the best books for your MAH MBA CET 2024 preparation. They contain sufficient practice questions with detailed solutions and guides to help you improve over time.
|Book Name||Author/Publisher Name|
|MAH CET (MBA/ MMS) Entrance Guide||Disha Publications|
|50+ Solved Papers||Arihant|
|Mathematics for MBA Entrance Exams||RS Agarwal|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||TIME|
|Maharashtra MBA CET||Arihant Publications|
MAH MBA CET Counselling 2024
The counselling process for MAH MBA CET usually begins after the results are declared. Once the merit list is out, students are invited to the Centralised Admission Process or the CAP round, which takes place in three sessions.
Students will be allotted seats based on the merit list during the CAP round. The merit list itself is numbered on the basis of domicile, percentile, vacant seat matrix, and the colleges chosen by the candidates.
MAH MBA CET 2024 Cutoff
The expected cutoffs for MAH MBBA CET 2024 for the top colleges can be estimated on the basis of the 2023 cutoffs. Usually, the top colleges fill up around the 99% mark. Candidates should aim for the 99% mark, at the minimum, to stand any chance at a top 10 MBA college.
|MBA College||MBA CET 2023 Cut Offs|
|Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai||99.92|
|Bombay St. Xavier College Soc.’s Xavier Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai||99.86|
|S.I.E.S. College of Management Studies, Mumbai||99.85|
|Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA), University of Pune||99.83|
|COEP Technological University||99.83|
|Chetana’s Ramprasad Khandelwal Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai||99.67|
|MET’s Institute of Management, Mumbai||99.47|
|Indira College of Engineering & Management, Pune||99.39|
|Lala Lajpatrai Institute of Management, Mumbai||99.30|
FAQs on MAH MBA CET
1. Which colleges accept MAH MBA CET scores?
Many top colleges in Maharashtra accept MAH MBA CET scores – JBIMS, Sydenham, Welingkar, PUMBA, and MET. Apart from there, over 300 other colleges also give admission on the basis of MAH MBA CET scores.
2. How long will it take to finish the MAH MBA CET syllabus?
Even though the MAH MBA CET syllabus is not very vast and much easier as compared to CAT and GMAT, students should give 3-5 months minimum to ace the test. Students with a poor grasp of mathematical concepts might require even more time than that.
3. Is MAH MBA CET as difficult as CAT or XAT?
No, the MAH MBA CET exam is much easier than CAT or XAT.
4. Can I prepare for the MAH MBA CET 2024 exam in 6 months?
Yes, it is possible to prepare for MAH MBA CET in just six months if you are willing to spend time and effort to complete the syllabus.
5. Is there any negative marking in MAH MBA CET?
No, this exam has no negative marking for wrong answers.