IPMAT Indore 2024 – Exam Date, Application Form, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Admit Card & Fees (IIM Indore)
IPMAT Indore 2024
IPMAT Indore 2024 is a prestigious exam conducted by the premier institute, IIM Indore, for admissions to its Integrated Programme in Management course. The IPM course has been designed for aspirants who wish to build a stronger foundation in management through an interdisciplinary approach to higher education. Spread over 15 terms and five years; the IPM course takes students through foundational subjects in the first three years and core management subjects in the last two. To get into the IPM Indore program, students must clear the competitive IPMAT Indore 2024 exam. Nearly 40,000 students apply for just 150 seats. Another crucial fact to remember is that IPMAT Indore scores are also used for admission into other IPM programs across colleges, such as IIM Ranchi, Nirma University, NALSAR Hyderabad, and IIFT Kakinada.
IPMAT Indore 2024 Exam Dates
The important dates of IPMAT Indore 2024 will only be released by the official test conducting body next year. However, based on past patterns, we can expect the registrations to start in March 2024 and the exam to be held in June 2024.
|Exam Calendar||Important Dates|
|IPMAT Registration & Application start date||March 2024|
|Registration 2023 Last date||April 2024|
|Admit Card Download Start Date||June 2024|
|IPMAT 2023 Exam date||June 2024|
|Result Date||July 2024|
|IIM Indore IPM Online PI round dates||July 2024|
IPMAT Indore: Exam Pattern
The IPMAT Indore 2024 exam will have 90 questions to be answered in 2 hours. The exam pattern is quite similar to other IPMAT exams. There will be two sections – Quantitative ability (SA and MCQ) and verbal ability with 45 questions each. The quant section will have 15 short-answer type questions with no negative marking and 30 MCQ-type questions with -1 for every wrong answer. Verbal, too, will have negative marking.
|Section||Time||Weightage||No of Questions|
|Quantitative Ability (SA)||40 minutes||25%||15 questions|
|Quantitative Ability (MCQ)||40 minutes||25%||30 questions|
|Verbal Ability||40 minutes||50%||45 questions|
IPMAT Indore: Eligibility Criteria
There are only a few prerequisites that candidates need to fulfil to retain eligibility for the exam.
The IPMAT Indore 2024 eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Students who have taken their 12th exams in 2022 or 2023 are eligible to take the exam. Other students taking their 12th boards in 2024 can also register for the test.
- All general applicants must be born after August 1, 2003. Candidates under the purview of SC, ST, and PwD reservations have a 5-year relaxation and are eligible to take the exam if born after August 1, 1998.
- Candidates require a minimum of 60% aggregate in their 12th exams. SC, ST, and PwD candidates need 55%.
IPMAT Indore 2024 Syllabus
The syllabus of IPMAT Indore 2024 will largely be based on logical reasoning, maths, and English. Divided into two sections, quantitative techniques and verbal ability, the 90 questions will be based on the following topics:
|Quantitative Techniques||Verbal Ability|
IPMAT Indore 2024 Application Form
The IPMAT Indore 2024 application form can be found online. The registration process for IPMAT Indore 2024 is straightforward. The instructions can be found online on their official website.
- Visit the official IIM Indore website. You’ll have to register on the portal first.
- Fill up the details on the form and generate your user ID and password.
- Ensure you’re careful while filling in the details, as your name, DoB, email address, and phone number cannot be changed later.
- You’ll receive your user ID on your registered email account and password on the registered phone number.
- Use these credentials to log back in and complete your registration process.
- You’ll also need to keep the scanned copies of documents such as 10th and 12th mark sheets and Aadhar ready to upload when prompted.
- Choose your test centre and complete the payment.
- The IPMAT Indore 2024 registration fees are Rs. 4130 for general, EWS, and NC-OBC candidates, while it is Rs. 2065 for the SC, ST, and PwD ones.
- After the last IPMAT Indore 2024 registration date, the IPMAT application error correction window will be opened for two days.
- Candidates can correct errors such as Candidate’s Photo, Candidate’s Signature, Alternate Mobile Number, Alternate Email Address, and Exam Centre City Preferences.
- All the edits can only be made once.
- After the allotted two days, no changes will be allowed.
IPMAT Indore 2024 Admit card
The IPMAT Indore 2024 admit card can be downloaded from the official portal. It is usually released at the beginning of June. It will carry critical exam-day information such as details of the test centre, time of exam, reporting time, and dos and don’ts for the exam day. Taking a physical copy of the IPMAT Indore 2024 admit card to the exam centre is mandatory.
IPMAT Indore 2024 Cut-off
The cut-offs for clearing the IPMAT exam can vary over the years. But clearing the cutoffs doesn’t guarantee admission to the prestigious programs. Every year, around 2000 students clear the cut–offs, after which they are called in for the personal interview round. Only 150 candidates will clear the personal interview rounds.
In IPMAT Indore, it is essential to clear both – the sectional cutoffs as well as the overall cutoff. The cutoff is different for candidates from different categories. We’ve compiled the 2023 sectional cutoffs and overall cutoffs for different categories.
|Category||Quantitative Ability SA||Quantitative Ability MCQ||Verbal Ability|
The overall cutoffs for IPMAT 2023 were:
The cutoffs for 2024 will depend on many factors, such as the number of applicants and the difficulty level of the exam. But we expect the minimum required score to be around the same number.
IPMAT Indore 2024 FAQs
- Is IPMAT Indore harder than IPMAT Rohtak?
While both exams largely follow the same syllabus, students who took both have claimed that IPMAT Indore has more challenging questions than IPMAT Rohtak.
2. Will the IPMAT Indore selection process include WAT?
No. The IPMAT Indore 2024 selection process will only include the aptitude test and the personal interview.
3. Which IPM program is better – IPM Indore vs. IPM Rohtak?
Both programs are being taught at highly competent schools. However, an argument can be made for the IPM program at IIM Indore to be better because it was started in 2011 and has shown good placements. On the other hand, IPM Rohtak was started in 2019 and will only have its first placement season in 2024.
4. Which other universities will accept the IPMAT Indore 2024 score for admission?
Universities such as IIFT, NALSAR, Nirma, TAPMI, MU, and IIM Ranchi have agreed to use the IPMAT Indore score to shortlist candidates for their programs.
5. Can I finish the IPMAT Indore 2024 preparation in 2 months?
With the right strategy, it is possible. But most students spend much more time studying for the test because of its competitiveness.
6. Can I leave IPM after three years?
Yes, you can choose to leave the IPM course after three years with just a BBA or BA degree.