CMAT 2024 Overview
CMAT, or the Common Management Admission Test, is one of the most popular MBA entrance exams in the country. Over 70,000 aspirants sit for this highly competitive exam every year, hoping to get into some of the country’s top B schools. Renowned colleges like JBIMS, SIMSREE, KJ Somaiya, Welingkar, PUMBA, and Great Lakes accept CMAT scores.
CMAT is a three-hour MCQ-format aptitude test conducted by the National Testing Agency. The paper consists of 100 questions from various topics spanning Quantitative Techniques, Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, General Awareness, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship. The rank obtained here will dictate college admissions for all candidates vying for an MBA/PGDM/PGPM/PGP seat in prestigious management colleges nationwide.
The difficulty level of this paper is considered to be lower than CAT, GMAT, and XAT, which is why many students end up underestimating it. But that belief can seriously hamper your scores. It’s better to work hard, practise, and do well in the exam. Here we’ve compiled all the necessary information about CMAT, including registration, pattern, syllabus etc.
CMAT 2024 Exam Dates
|Exam Activity||Important Dates (tentative)|
|Availability of Application Form||2nd week of February 2024|
|Registration Deadline||2nd week of March 2024|
|Issuance of Hall ticket||April 2024|
|Last date to download hall ticket||Till the day of the CMAT Exam|
|CMAT Exam Date||To be announced|
|Result Date||7-14 days post examination|
CMAT Highlights 2024
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Full Form||Common Management Admission Test|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
|Mode of Exam||Online Computer-Based Test|
|Exam Difficulty Level||Easy to Moderate|
|Time Allotted||180 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||+4 marks for every correct answer
-1 mark for each wrong answer
Top Colleges Accepting CMAT Score
|MBA COLLEGES||CITY||AVERAGE PLACEMENT (in lakhs)|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management||Chennai||14.5|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Management||Mumbai||12.23|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management||Mumbai||27.63|
|IFMR Graduate School of Business, Krea University||Sri City||13.50|
|Amrita School of Business||Coimbatore||6.72|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management||Noida||11.49|
|Delhi School of Business||Delhi||8.25|
|National Insurance Academy||Pune||12.50|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management||Lucknow||11.49|
|Sri Balaji University||Pune||8.25|
|RV Institute of Management||Bangalore||6.00|
|Jaypee Business School||Noida||5.96|
|Pune Business School||Pune||5.50|
Eligibility Criteria 2024
There are only two essential criteria that candidates need to fulfil:
- They need to have a valid undergraduate degree from a UGC-recognised college. Final-year students can also apply, but their admission will be subject to furnishing their passing certificate at the college. There is no minimum score requirement to sit for the test.
- There is no upper age limit, but the candidate must be at least 20 to sit for the test.
Candidates who do not fulfil the eligibility criteria will have their score nullified.
CMAT Registration 2024
The registration process will commence in February 2024. It’s an online process that can be quickly completed as long as you have the proper documents in hand.
- Register on the official website cmat.nta.nic.in with basic information to get your application number and password.
- Log back into the site with the new credentials and complete the application form.
- Upload all the necessary documents. Here are the documents you need:
- Scanned JPG/JPEG copy of your photograph between 10kb and 200kb.
- Scanned JPG/JPEG copy of your signature between 4kb and 30kb.
- Scanned JPG/JPEG copy of PwD certificate (if applicable) between 50kb and 300kb.
- Select a suitable payment option and complete the payment. Wait for the confirmation page to show. If it doesn’t, you might have to make the payment again.
CMAT Exam Fees 2024
The application fee is as follows:
- General Male – Rs. 2000
- General Female – Rs. 1000
- EWS/OBC/SC/ST/PwD – Rs. 1000
- Transgender – Rs. 1000
CMAT 2024 Syllabus
While the exact syllabus is yet to be released, you can study the essential topics that have shown up in previous years’ papers.
|LOGICAL REASONING||QUANTITATIVE TECHNIQUES AND DATA INTERPRETATION||LANGUAGE COMPREHENSION||GENERAL AWARENESS||INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP|
|Arrangements||Arithmetic||Para jumbles||Static GK||Government intervention and Entrepreneurship|
|Blood relations||Geometry||Fill in the blanks||Recent current affairs||Business and corporate affairs|
|Series||Algebra||Idioms and phrases||Significant national and international events||New investments and schemes|
|Statement conclusions||Number system||Reading comprehension||Business and economics||Policies related to entrepreneurship|
|Venn diagrams||Probability and set theory||Grammar||Important personalities||General economy|
|Coding/decoding||Permutation and combination||Language usage and rules||Important awards and their recipients||Adequacy of market|
|True/false statements||Charts and graphs||Vocabulary||Sports|
|Visual reasoning||Venn diagram|
CMAT 2024 Exam Centre
CMAT exam centres are spread across almost every state and union territory of India. Over 124 cities have test centres, making them easily accessible for aspirants from each corner of the country.
You can choose four centres while filling out your application form, one of which will be allotted to you.
|State Name||CMAT city-wise exam centres||CMAT test centre code|
|Andaman And Nicobar||Port Blair||AN01|
|CMAT 2023 exam centres in Andhra Pradesh||Guntur||AP07|
|CMAT test centres in Assam||Dibrugarh||AM01|
|CMAT 2023 exam centres in Bihar||Gaya||BR05|
|CMAT exam centres 2023 in Chandigarh/Mohali||Chandigarh/Mohali||CH01|
|CMAT test cities in Chhattisgarh||Bhilai Nagar/Durg||CG01|
|CMAT exam cities 2023 in Delhi||Delhi-Ncr||DL01|
|CMAT test centers in Goa||Panaji||GO01|
|CMAT exam centres in Gujarat||Ahmedabad/Gandhinagar||GJ01|
|CMAT exam centres in Surat||GJ11|
|CMAT exam centres 2023 in Haryana||Faridabad||HR03|
|CMAT test centres 2023 in Himachal Pradesh||Bilaspur (Himachal Pradesh)||HP01|
|Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh)||HP03|
|CMAT test cities in Jammu And Kashmir||Jammu||JK02|
|Test centre of CMAT in Jharkhand||Dhanbad||JH02|
|Exam centres of CMAT exam in Karnataka||Belagavi(Belgaum)||KK02|
|CMAT exam cities in Kerala||Ernakulam||KL04|
|CMAT test centres 2023 in Lakshwadeep||Kavaratti||LD01|
|CMAT exam centres in MP (Madhya Pradesh)||Bhopal||MP03|
|CMAT exam centres in Indore||MP07|
|CMAT test centres in Maharashtra||Ahmednagar||MR01|
|CMAT exam centres in Pune||MR22|
|CMAT exam centres in Thane||MR28|
|CMAT exam centres 2023 in Manipur||Imphal||MN01|
|CMAT test cities in Meghalaya||Shillong||MG01|
|CMAT exam centres in Mizoram||Aizawl||MZ01|
|CMAT exam citites in Nagaland||Dimapur||NL01|
|CMAT test cities in Odisha||Balasore (Baleswar)||OR02|
|Jeypore / Koraput||OR19|
|CMAT exam cities in Puducherry||Puducherry||PO01|
|Exam centres of CMAT 2023 Punjab||Amritsar||PB01|
|Patiala/ Fatehgarh Sahib||PB08|
|CMAT test centres in Rajasthan||Jaipur||RJ06|
|CMAT test citites 2023 in Tamil Nadu||Chennai||TN01|
|CMAT exam centres in Telangana||Hyderabad||TL01|
|CMAT test cities 2023 in Tripura||Agartala||TA01|
|CMAT exam centres in Uttar Pradesh||Agra||UP01|
|CMAT test cities in Uttarakhand||Dehradun||UK01|
|CMAT exam centres 2023 in West Bengal||Kolkata||WB10|
CMAT 2024 Exam Pattern
The CMAT exam pattern is very straightforward. There are five sections, each with 20 MCQ questions, worth 80 marks.
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- Language comprehension
- General Awareness
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
Candidates get a total of 3 hours to attempt all the questions. For every correct answer, you’re awarded four marks. And for every wrong one, you lose one mark.
CMAT Preparation 2024
To get admission into the top colleges with CMAT, you must craft a proper study plan focusing on the basics. Since the paper itself is considered easy, you’ll need to score very high to break into top colleges like JBIMS, Great Lakes, and GIM. Here are a few tips to kickstart your CMAT 2024 preparation.
- Before you begin your prep, give a mock test first. It’ll help you gauge your grasp of the topics.
- On the basis of your analysis of the mock test, identify your weaknesses and strengths.
- Create a study plan that focuses on boosting your weaknesses while maintaining hold over your strengths.
- Practise each topic thoroughly. Don’t forget to give mocks at regular intervals to measure your progress.
- Buy the right books for practice.
- Lucent’s for GK
- The Hindu and Wall Street Journal for current affairs
- Verbal and non-verbal reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship by Peter F. Drucker
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- Invest in the right coaching program. IMS has a comprehensive classroom CMAT program that covers SNAP and NMAT for aspirants requiring a structured, strategic approach to their CMAT 2024 preparation.
For those who prefer learning at their own pace, we have the self-learning program with exhaustive material coverage, conceptual videos, practice questions, and mock tests.
- Don’t forget to give as many mock tests as possible. They’ll help you understand the exam pattern, the types of questions, and their difficulty levels.
CMAT Admit Card 2024
The admit cards are usually released at the beginning of May, a few days after the city intimation slip is released. It is a critical piece of document without which you will not even be allowed to enter the exam centre, let alone give the paper. Apart from acting as your identity proof, it also contains all the details that will come in handy on exam day, such as your application number, photo, city, centre, exam time, and reporting time, amongst other information.
The admit card can be downloaded from the official website. Once the notification about the admit card is released, all you need to do is log in to cmat.nta.nic.in using your official credentials. There will be an admit card tab on the home page itself. Download it from there and check for any discrepancies. If there are none, get a printout and carry it with you to the exam centre.
If any details don’t match, contact the concerned authorities and raise a ticket.
- CMAT Helpdesk Number – 0120-3946612 between 9:30 AM and 5:30 AM
- Email ID: email@example.com
What are the Benefits of Appearing in CMAT 2024?
With over 70,000 choosing to take the CMAT exam, it is one of the most popular MBA entrances in the country. Candidates choose to take this test because
- The difficulty level of this exam is lower than the other premier exams, such as CAT, XAT, and NMAT. Students can secure good marks on this test with less preparation.
- CMAT scores are accepted by over 1300+ schools across the length and breadth of India. This makes it accessible for people in tier 2, tier 3, and tier 4 towns as well.
- The registration fees for this test are lower than those for CAT and XAT. It is more affordable for people who come from lower sections of society.
- The eligibility criteria to sit for this test is more relaxed. There are no minimum aggregate marks that students require in their undergraduate degree to take the CMAT.
- CMAT makes management education and a promising career accessible for all sections of society, even those who might not conventionally be able to sit for more complex, more expensive tests like the CAT.
CMAT 2024 Results
CMAT results are usually released towards the end of May, a month after the exam. They can be viewed on the official website by logging in. You will be given an absolute score and a percentile score. Rank holders will be informed of their ranks. The scores are only valid for the current academic year. College admissions depend on multiple factors, including the PI, GD, and WAT. Candidates will be given admissions based on the overall score and cutoffs for individual colleges.
|CMAT Percentile||CMAT Score|
|100||345 – 359|
|90 – 99.99||296 – 344|
|80 – 89||230 – 295|
|71 – 79||181 – 229|
|61 – 70||131 – 175|
|51 – 60||115 – 129|
|50 and below||Below 114|
CMAT 2024 Cut-off Score
Getting into the top colleges requires you to be amongst the top rankers of the exam. You require calibrated effort to crack the 99th percentile and stand any chance of getting into one of the top colleges.
|S. No.||College||CMAT Cutoff Percentile|
|3.||Goa Institute of Management||95-99|
|4.||KJ Somaiya Institute of Management||95-99|
|5.||Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||95-99|
|6.||The University of Pune, Dept of Management Sciences||95-99|
|7.||Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi||95|
Apart from these, you can target many other colleges like Welingkar, IFMR, Jaipuria, and Delhi School of Business with a percentile greater than 80%.
FAQs on CMAT
- What is CMAT?
CMAT, or the Common Management Admission Test, is a leading national-level MBA/PGDM/PGPM/PGP admission test.
2. What is the CMAT eligibility?
Candidates only require an undergraduate degree from a UGC-recognised college to qualify for this test.
3. What is the age limit for CMAT?
There is no upper age limit for CMAT.
4. What is the CMAT syllabus?
The CMAT has five sections:
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- Language comprehension
- General awareness
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
5. How many attempts can you give for CMAT?
There is no upper limit on the number of attempts you can give.
6. Is CMAT easy to crack?
The CMAT exam is relatively easier to crack than CAT or XAT.