The exam pattern for CUET UG 2024 plays a key role in determining when you should begin preparing for the examination. However, the candidates should select appropriate sections and subjects from the given exam pattern to pass the exam and gain admission to the university of their choice.
The National Testing Agency conducts CUET for admissions to undergraduate programs for which the exam tests their general reasoning and aptitude at all levels. Additionally, this national-level exam conducted to grant admission to aspiring candidates in India’s top central universities is held differently for UG candidates. Meanwhile, the candidate should be familiar with the exam pattern to start preparing for CUET 2024.
Highlights of the CUET Exam Pattern 2024
The below table shows the highlights of the CUET Exam Pattern 2024 as mentioned:
|Name of the Exam||CUET 2024|
|Exam Level||UG Exam|
|Mode of the Exam||CBT/Online|
|Exam Duration||The exam will be divided into slots and shifts|
|Medium of the Paper||13 languages|
|Types of Questions||MCQs|
|Total Sections||4 [Language (section IA & IB), Domain-Specific subjects (section II), and General Test (section III)]|
|Total Marks||Section – 1A: 200
Section -1B: 200
Section – II – 200
Section – III- 300
|Exam Language||The exam will be conducted in 13 languages (Telgu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Gujarati, Marathi, Odia, Assamese, Bengali, English, Punjabi, Urdu and Hindu. )|
Revised CUET Exam Pattern
Below is the revised CUET UG Exam pattern:
- There will be three slots for the CUET exam this year in accordance with the number of test takers and their choice of subjects. Besides, the NTA will announce the final timings of the exam as soon as possible.
- Aspirants may select a maximum of 10 subjects from all three sections this year.
- In sections 1A and 1B, 40 out of 50 questions must be attempted in each language.
- Section – 2- Domain, 35/40 questions to be attempted out of 45/50
- Section -3– General Test, 50 questions to be attempted out of 60
- For PwBD candidates, 20 minutes extra will be given.
It is important for candidates to understand the marking scheme before they attempt the CUET 2024. However, the exams of this type are optional. Therefore, each correct answer will be rewarded with five points. Meanwhile, each incorrect answer will result in a negative one point. As a result, they must be cautious when attempting to answer the questions.
Latest CUET Exam Pattern
CUET exam patterns specify the number and type of questions that will be asked in the exam. Besides, it is important to understand the CUET exam pattern 2024 to gain a better understanding of how many questions will be asked from which chapter/unit what the CUET marking scheme is, and how it is distributed across chapters.
|Section||Subject/Tests||No. of Questions||To be marked||Duration|
|Section 1A||13 Languages||50||40 in each language||45 minutes for each language|
|Section 1B||20 Languages|
|Section II||27 Domain- Specific Subject||50||40||60 minutes for (Accountancy, Physics, Economics, Information Practices/ Computer Science, Mathematics (Applied & Core) and Chemistry
45 minutes- For the rest of the subjects
|Section III||General Test||60||50||60 minutes|
Section 1A of CUET
- The section 1A of CUET includes the language test. Meanwhile, there are 13 languages in the CUET 2024 exam pattern
- Each language in Section 1A of CUET 2024 consists of 50 questions, of which 50 must be answered.
- CUET 2024 tests linguistic skills through reading comprehension in its language test.
- In the IA section of CUET 2024, different types of reading comprehension questions may be asked. For example, RCs on passages, Literary RCs, Narrative RCs, Factual RCs, or Literary Aptitude and Vocabulary RCs.
Section IB of CUET
- In section IB there are 50 questions, of which 40 should be attempted in accordance with the CUET exam pattern 2024.
- Special Language Tests are conducted in Section IB of CUET 2024.
- In the special languages tests of CUET 2024, the ability to comprehend language is tested through reading comprehension and various kinds of writing tests.
- Test takers are given 45 minutes to complete this section IB of CUET.
- Narrative RCs, factual RCs, literary RCs, literary aptitude, and vocabulary RCs, can be asked in the CUET 2024 IB section.
Section II of CUET
- Domain-specific subjects are covered in section 2 of the CUET 2024.
- There are 27 domain-specific subjects in section 2 of the CUET 2024.
- The candidates have the freedom to choose any of the six domains.
- 50 questions will be included in section II of the CUET.
- The exam taker must answer 40 questions.
- Questions are of an objective type.
- Questions are based on the NCERT Class XII syllabus.
- Input text can be used for MCQ-based questions.
- The duration of section II of CUET is 45 minutes for each domain.
Section III (CUET)
- Section III of CUET is a general test and is optional for candidates.
- 75 questions are included out of which the candidates must answer 60.
- The duration for this section III of CUET is one hour.
- The questions are from current affairs, general knowledge, numerical ability, general mental ability, arithmetic, algebra, and geometry. quantitative reasoning, mensuration, and stat, taught until class 8 logical and analytical reasoning are asked in section III of CUET exam pattern 2024.
CUET 2024 exam pattern -FAQs
- How many subjects can a candidate select from all sections?
The candidate can select any 10 subjects from any three sections.
- What is the exam pattern of CUET?
CUET 2024 will be divided into four sections including domain-specific, languages, and general awareness. However, the language section is divided into two sub-parts namely Section 1A:13, languages, and Section QB: 20 languages.
- What will be the mode of the CUET exam?
The CUET exam will be held in LAN-based CBT (Computer-Based Test) mode.
- How can I calculate the CUET marks?
According to the marking scheme of CUET, for every correct answer, the candidates will be granted 5 marks. Meanwhile, for every incorrect answer, they will lose one mark. However, no mark will be deducted for not attempting any questions.
- What type of questions will be asked in CUET 2024?
CUET will comprise multiple-choice questions. However, the difficulty level of questions is likely to be moderate difficulty level, as the questions will be based on the class 12th syllabus.
- Is there a negative marking in the CUET 2024 exam?
CUET will have a negative marking of 1 mark. Besides, a candidate can lose one mark for every wrong answer. Meanwhile, in the meantime, there is no negative marking for unattempted questions.
- How many sections are there in CUET UG 2024?
There are three sections in CUET UG 2024. Of these, section 1A consists of 13 languages, Section 1B of 20 languages, Section 2 of 27 domain-specific subjects, and Section 3 of the general test.
- What is the medium of the CUET 2024 exam?
CUET UG 2024 will be conducted in Bengali, English, Assamese, Kannada, Hindi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Marathi, Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil, Odiya and Urdu.
- How many subjects I can select from Section II?
The section II is the domain-specific section. Meanwhile, this section comprises a total of 27 subjects, out of which the candidates can select a maximum of six subjects.
- How many marks are there in the CUET exam?
In the common university entrance exam, each section will carry 200 marks.
The Common University Entrance Test (CUET) is being introduced for admission into all UG programs in all Central Universities for the academic session 2023-24 under the Ministry of Education (MoE). Besides, it will provide a common platform and equal opportunities to candidates across the country.
This guide will provide aspirants with an overview of the exam pattern guide for CUET, which will assist them in preparing for the exam effectively. Besides, as an aspirant you should register with us if you wish to ace the CUET and improve your scores as well as increase your chances of getting into your dream university by taking programs like CUET Comprehensive Classroom 2024, CUET Language Test + General Test Online 2024, etc. Aspirants should also review the CUET 2024 syllabus before taking the examination.